Vacancy: Guideposts - Lights Up Facilitator – Witney Group

Job Description
Lights Up Facilitator – Witney Group

Job Type: Contract
Salary: £15.00 /hour

Lights Up offers people with memory problems including dementia and their carers to enjoy activities together. These include music making, singing, drama, reminiscence, painting, seasonal crafting, poetry and dance.
Lights Up makes a huge difference to wellbeing and can reduce anxiety, stress and feelings of isolation so they can live well. All sessions are led by a dementia specialist and experienced artists.

We are seeking a vibrant and enthusiastic arts facilitator with knowledge and understanding of dementia. 75% of sessions throughout the year will involve a specialist “guest artist” who will perform or deliver an arts session for approximately one hour. The remaining 25% the facilitator will be expected to plan and deliver the session, so the facilitator must be comfortable with singing, performing arts and crafts.

Groups run every second and fourth Monday of the month from the Methodist Church in Witney. Groups run from 10.30 – 12.30 with half an hour set-up and pack away, making the times 10am – 1pm.

Other tasks will involve keeping records, evaluations and reporting.
4 hours of admin is assigned to the facilitator in the absence of a guest artist.
3 hours of admin is assigned to the facilitator when supported by a guest artist.

The hourly rate is £15 on a self-employed/freelance basis.

The opportunity to develop and lead a new Lights Up group based in Woodstock from September 2018 may be available to the right candidate.

We already run 2 successful groups in Carterton & Chipping Norton, so why not arrange a visit?
Please telephone Kelly on 01993 893560/893577 or