To find out about the latest autism friendly cinema screenings at ODEON, Cineworld, Vue and Showcase, visit https://www.dimensions-uk.org/families/autism-friendly-environments/autism-friendly-screenings/latest-autism-friendly-films/
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment. The screenings are not just for people with autism, but for anyone who feels they would benefit. This might be someone with another sensory sensitivity or a learning disability.
Adjustments at the cinema include:
- a relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- lights left on low
- sound turned down
- no trailers or advertisements (unless they are embedded in the film)
- staff trained in autism awareness
- disabled access
- chill out zone, where available
- freedom to move around and sit where you like
- bring your own food and drink
- free entry for carers with valid CEA Card.
For frequently asked questions about these screenings visit https://www.dimensions-uk.org/families/autism-friendly-environments/autism-friendly-screenings/autism-friendly-cinema-screenings-faqs/