Conference: Together for Better Futures: Building connections to Support Adults with Learning Disabilities Thursday 25th April 2024 Abingdon

Dear Colleague,

We are excited to invite you to our upcoming conference ‘Together for Better Futures: Building connections to Support Adults with Learning Disabilities’ at our Abingdon Campus on Thursday 25th April - a brilliant opportunity to network and discuss county-wide provision.

Date: Thursday 25th April

Time: 10.00-3.00

Location: Abingdon Campus | Wootton Road | Abingdon | OX14 1GG

About:

This a FREE event open to adults with learning disabilities, their parents and carers, and any agency working with adults with learning disabilities in Oxfordshire. We are delighted to confirm that My Life My Choice, MacIntyre, Soundabout, Oxford United in the Community and Thames Valley Police have already confirmed their attendance. We will update you as others follow. The conference themes to discuss are:

What courses/services are available

Working together and its potential

Future-proofing services

On the day, there will be:

• Presentations/discussion based on the conference themes
  • Taster sessions to sample activities: e.g. Football Training with Oxford United in the Community; DJing with My Life My Choice
  • Information tables: available for agencies and organisations to give out information and literature on what they offer

How do I find out more?

If you would like more information about the conference, please email Lee lee.humber@abingdon-witney.ac.uk or Janet janet.albury-simpson@abingdon-witney.ac.uk, orcall Janet on 01235 555 585

RSVP:

We would be delighted for you to join us. You can attend as a guest, a stall holder, or a provider of a taster session/workshop.

If you would like to attend, please RSVP to:

janet.albury-simpson@abingdon-witney.ac.uk; and/or lee.humber@abingdon-witney.ac.uk

Please provide your full name and organisation name if applicable and tell us if you would like to attend (a) as a guest, (b) as a stall holder, or (c) if you would like to be a provider of a taster session/workshop.

We look forward to seeing you!

‘Better Futures’ Conference Team