Courses and workshops for adults with learning disabilities

Dear Colleagues, parents and carers,

Find enclosed the Adults with Learning Disabilities Easy Read course programme document for the 2023-24 academic year.

AWC 2024 courses final edit.pdf (551.3 KB)

Apart from Tuesdays at present, we now run at least two courses every day of the week, with several days of three courses in a day. The programme remains flexible and we will do our best to respond to requests for additional courses as the year progresses.

The majority of courses are currently held at our Abingdon campus, though there are now courses running at our Witney campus, in the centre of Oxford and at an Abingdon allotment.

We are still finalising course prices and will inform you of precise details as soon as we have them. However, be assured that prices will be substantially lower than in previous years thanks to us developing alternative course funding arrangements.

If you are interested in courses, email Annette via the contact details on the programme, telling her which course you’d like to attend, and ask her to add you to the list of potential attendees. I should remind you that places are limited so we’ll have to operate a first-come-first-served system.

Do get in touch if you have questions or suggestions. I will be on Annual Leave until week beginning August 7th and will be in touch with prices and any other developments then. I’ll also do my best to answer any queries you have sent to me in the meantime.

Look forward to working with you again this year.

Best wishes,

Lee

Lee Humber

Adult Learning Disability Coordinator for Access to Learning (Available Monday to Wednesday)

Abingdon & Witney College | Wootton Road | Abingdon | Oxfordshire | OX14 1GG

Further to my previous email, I’ve just received details of our new webpage on the Abingdon and Witney College site. It has more information plus a short overview of what we offer from yours truly!

Best wishes,

Lee