Draft Customer Standards for Social Workers

Hearsay! is an annual event run by Healthwatch, where people who use social care, their family and friends meet with the County Councillor responsible for Adult Social Care, the Director for Social and Community Services and other social care managers & officers to agree priorities and review progress on priorities from the past year.

One of the current priorities, within the heading of ‘Monitoring Quality and Training’, is the development of Care Standards, similar to the Homecare Standards for Home Support Services which were agreed with service users and carers in 2014; see https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/news/2014/mar/home-care-users-help-shape-standards-strategy

This work concerns developing Customer Standards for Social Workers.

National standards for Social Workers already exist through their governing bodies. In association with a selection of newly qualified social workers who are undertaking the assessed and supported year in employment in Oxfordshire, we have developed a draft Customer Charter (see the attached document) for Social Workers in Adult Social Care. The next step is to work with people who use services to review the draft document and to develop ways of monitoring these standards, once they have been agreed.

I would like to invite you to a meeting to review, and potentially finalise these care standards, on Monday 21st September, 12.30pm-3.00pm in County Hall. Oxfordshire County Council officers from adult social care will be present to listen to your views and discuss the draft standards.

If you are interested in being involved in this work, please reply stating whether you are able to join the meeting on the 21st September, together with any transport or access needs you may require in order to attend. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by Oxfordshire County Council.

Alternatively you may wish to supply comments directly – please let me know and I can provide further details about the Customer Standards.

Adrian Chant
Engagement Team

Joint Commissioning
Oxfordshire County Council
Social and Community Services
County Hall
New Road Draft customer Charter for Social Workers in Adult Social Care (1).docx (44.0 KB)