Free in-person event in Oxford on Housing for People with a Learning Disability

You’re invited to attend this in-person event on Housing for People with Learning Disabilities, which will see the official launch of research on supporting people with learning disabilities to rent their own homes.

Taking place on Wednesday, 27th September 2023 from 10:30 - 2:30pm at Oxford Town Hall (St Aldate’s Oxford OX1 1BX)

Learning Disability England worked in partnership with researchers from the University of York and the University of Bristol, Riverside, Housing LIN and Stephen Lee Hodgkins on this research project. The project team also had an advisory group of self-advocates with lived experience from York People First and My Life, My Choice.

The event will draw on these experiences, the importance of home for a good life, and how some housing providers support their residents to live well at home.

This event, chaired by Lois Beech, Housing LIN and Paul Scarrott, My Life, My Choice will include contributions by:

• Becca Cooper, York People First
  • Deborah Quilgars, University of York
  • Dr Eppie Leishman, University of York
  • Andy Pollin, York People First
  • Rachael Hall, Learning Disability England
  • Ian Gilders, Advance
  • Clare Skidmore, NHS England
  • Gail Hanrahan, Family Support Network

Book here: Housing for People with Learning Disabilities: Renting Your Own Place Research launch - Events - Housing LIN