Hi, this is me!

I have a son in his twenties living at home with me. Previously, he went to residential colleges (National Star and then the Orpheus Centre) for three years each one. Now, he lives at home and we employ a team of five carers who come in daily. My son has CP: he uses a power chair as he is quite severely physically disabled. He also has mild LD, and speech dysarthria (difficult to understand!). Managing the team of carers is hard work - especially recruiting new ones. Luckily we live fairly near the centre of Oxford, so we often use students. My son sometimes has a week’s respite, and he is looking at the idea of supported living for the future. He has a very active life here, with different things happening every day of the week. He also spends a lot of time on his computer.

Welcome to LDOX! We hope that you will find lots of useful information on the site- the directory tabs are worth exploring for information on local and national organisations.

Please feel free to post any news you might want to share or post a query.You can always post anonymously by clicking on the icon at the right hand side and you will see a little figure with a hat on.If you click on that, you will be able to post anonymously.

Look forward to hearing more.