Jane Wood - Oxfordshire Association of Care Providers (OACP)

Hello everyone my name is Jane Wood and I would like to introduce you to Oxfordshire Association of Care Providers (OACP). Visit: www.oacp.org.uk

OACP is one of several regional care provider associations across the UK. We are unique as we represent, all settings across adult social care in Oxfordshire - care and nursing homes, home care, community support services and voluntary sector organisations. OACP works hard to promote and share best practice in the care sector across our region.

In 2016, OACP identified the need to provide educational and supportive information to assist those (18 -70 and over);

• who are providing care

• being cared for by close family, relatives, friends or supportive organisations

• who are seeking to support themselves living independently in their own homes

• who are searching for care support services.

To do this effectively, OACP developed a publication that reflects, highlights and brings together all aspects of social care provision across Oxfordshire - ‘Talking Care’ magazine.

Talking Care magazine – is the première magazine for social care - it is the only targeted magazine that represents the interests of service users, carers, care providers, care workers, healthcare professionals and industry suppliers across Oxfordshire.

Talking Care magazine includes ‘real life’ stories, articles, quality information and a directory of OACP care provider members by care setting. We produce a print and online version of Talking Care magazine, and encourage subscription to support its production. To learn more visit: www.talkingcare.online

OACP is reaching out via LDOX to YOU. I would like to encourage YOU to engage with Talking Care magazine. YOUR experiences could make a difference to others. The next issue will feature - long term conditions and learning disability.

If you would like to get involved, please do contact me via: info@oacp.org.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read my ‘Introduce Yourself’ on LDOX

2 Likes

Thank you Jane for the introduction to such an important organisation, I hope that all the LDOX forum members will link up with you and take part in contributing to the magazine.
Given the continues challenges to social care budgets, it is vital that professionals, people using services and their families are able to share their experiences and learn from each other.

Welcome @jane.wood

Are you planning an issue focusing on people with learning disabilities?

If so, how could the members of LDOX.Org contribute to it?

Hi Neil,

Yes, the next issue of Talking Care (5) covers long term conditions and learning disabilities.

LDOX members can send in their stories or share information that they feel would help others, or I would be happy to interview someone if they would like me to.

My direct dial is 01635 202345 or email: jane.wood@oacp.org.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Kindest regards,

Jane

Jane Wood - Marketing Manager
Talking Care | Think Care

Oxfordshire Association of Care Providers
DDL: 01635 202345 Mob: 07724 563309
Email: jane.wood@oacp.org.uk

www.oacp.org.uk