Job Vacancy - Group Session Worker - My Life My Choice

Come and work for an award winning charity (Guardian Charity of the Year 2010 and the Prime Minister’s Big Society Award 2013). My Life My Choice (MLMC) is a self-advocacy charity run by and for people with learning disabilities, founded in 1998. The charity delivers a diverse range of innovative user led projects that enhances and empowers the lives of adults with learning disabilities in Oxfordshire.

My Life My Choice is now looking for freelance Group Session Worker(s) to run six of our monthly groups. £15/hour for a minimum of 6 hours per month per group

The groups provide a safe place for people to meet up and be part of their community, as well as learning valuable new skills. The Group Session Worker(s) will facilitate these monthly group meetings alongside a co-facilitator who has a learning disability. Together they will work with group members to support them to make new friends, to get advice, to speak up, to talk about their interests and to learn new skills.

The groups are located across Oxfordshire; 2 in Oxford (one being specifically for young people), 1 in Henley, 1 in Didcot, 1 in Abingdon, and 1 in Wantage. Please see the full Job Description on the “Jobs” section of our website for details of when and where the groups are run.

We need self-starters who enjoy a challenge, can hit the ground running and are able to work with minimal supervision. Ideally we are looking for a person or people willing to support more than one group.

The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check.

Closing Date: Friday 29th April (1pm)

Interview Date: Wednesday 4th May

To apply, please contact: Please send a covering letter (no longer than one page of A4) explaining why you would be suited to the role along with your CV to bryan@mylifemychoice.org.uk or by post to Bryan Michell, My Life My Choice, The Jam Factory, 27 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1HU.
You can also contact Bryan for a copy of the Job Description if required.