Living with Autism half-day seminars for family members

The Autism Oxford Training Team are offering a half-day seminar on Understanding and Living with Autism on 5 remaining dates:

Friday 3 May 2019 10am - 2pm Aylesbury Methodist Church

Wednesday 8 May 2019 10am - 2pm Oxford Quaker House

Friday 17 May 2019 10am-2pm Aylesbury Methodist Church

Friday 7 June 10am - 2pm Oxford Quaker House

Tuesday 9 July 10am - 2pm Oxford Quaker House

Venues: Quaker Meeting House, 43 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LW and Methodist Church, Buckingham Street, Aylesbury HP20 2NQ

This Course is for family members of people of any age on the Autism Spectrum

Refreshments provided; please bring own lunch or buy locally

Learning Outcomes

You will:

• learn the ‘inside story’ of autism from autistic professionals
  • have increased understanding of distress behaviour that challenges and its causes
  • have insights into everyday challenges such as sensory issues, anxiety, fear, low self-esteem
  • learn strategies to help your family member avoid ‘overload’ and ‘meltdown’
  • understand the importance of autism-friendly communication and what that means
  • be able to ask our male and female autistic trainers questions about issues/challenges you face

Facilitators: Autism Oxford Training Team:

Trainers on the autistic spectrum will give personal and professional perspectives and experience, and impart up-to-date knowledge and best practice. Our autistic trainers are gifted and talented speakers, delivering training with openness, honesty, clarity and humour, resulting in a truly memorable session.

Praise for Autism Oxford’s Autistic Training Team :

• “The personal testimonials, observations, research and practical tips from a wide variety of perspectives from the Autism Oxford Team were illuminating and insightful.” Karen Ward
  • “All beautifully spoken and presented. All able to engage with audience and answer questions effectively. Fantastic, informative course….” Elisha Jackson
  • “I would cherish every one of the speakers as a friend or a neighbour and they absolutely opened our eyes and dispelled any thoughts that autism precludes humanity and humour.” Helen Robinson
  • “It was an eye opener, especially hearing it from autistic professionals” Kathryn Scott
  • “Very informative. I was particularly interested in the sensory part of the training as my son has many hyper sensitivity difficulties” Emma Wilkes
  • “Seriously, one of the best CPD [training] I’ve had in years!” Dr Matthew Stephenson, Consultant Psychiatrist, Oxford Health NHS FT
  • “I have learnt more in 3 hours than I have in 20 years of training” Sophie, Psychotherapist

£50 + vat = £60 per person

**Limited Spaces Available – BOOKING ESSENTIAL **

www.autismoxford.org.uk/Seminars