Makaton tutor & music for communication

Hello!

I’m Cat, I’ve just joined the forum. I have an adopted son with global delay. I’m also a Makaton tutor and run courses for parents and carers. I’m a musician and I run an organisation called Folk Arts Oxford which aims to enable more people to participate in folk music and traditional arts. At the moment we’re starting an Arts Council funded project working in Springfield, Bardwell, Kingfisher, and Mabel Prichard, teaching Makaton signed song to some children, with a performance at our festival in April. Our festival is called Folk Weekend: Oxford and it’s the first Makaton-friendly festival in the country. Have a look at www.folkweekendoxford.co.uk for more info, and fao.yapsody.com for booking Makaton courses.

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy yourself and appreciate your privilege of being able to work with such special people. You will learn a lot more than you can ever hope to give.

Have fun!

Hello Cat.Nice to hear from you.What fantastic work you are doing- the Folk Weekend sounds really amazing. I hope that people who love folk will get see this and get in touch.Good to know about Makaton courses too. Would be great to see some photos of the Folk Weekend when it happens.