Needs SEN solicitor for "at-risk" 13yr old

Hi, single parent with a child with high functioning autism, failed by the education system, failed by CAMHS, the school has now got social services in to “support” us, social now trying to blame me because I have a “mental illness”. I want to find out who else this is happening to and to find a SEN solicitor in Oxfordshire.

Here are a couple of organisations that might be able to help you find a solicitor and give you support:

SOS! SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS

They describe themselves as offering a free, friendly, independent and confidential telephone helpline for parents and others looking for information and advice on Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). They help people to find their way through the legal and procedural maze which is so daunting to so many who try to obtain satisfactory provision for a child’s special needs.

They have regular surgeries for families here in Oxford. They are usually held on the first Friday morning of each month, 10-12pm. At The Meeting Room, Flo’s – The Place in the Park, Rymers Lane, Oxford OX4 3JZ

The dates for the next few months are:

• Friday 7th January 2022
  • Friday 4th February 2022
  • Friday 4th March 2022
  • No April date - Easter Holidays
  • Friday 6th May 2022
  • No June date - Half Term
  • Friday 1st July 2022

They ask you to arrive by 11:30am so you are seen before the Advice Centre closes.

Further details can be found at the following Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/290169186453211/

This web page may also help you to find a solicitor.