Please Come to the OxFSN Family Carers Meeting - Wallingford - Monday 7 November 2016

Oxfordshire Family Support Network is a small charity run by families for families who have relatives with learning disabilities.

We are delighted to announce that Comic Relief have now funded us to run a new project, called Embolden.

What’s the project about?
The aim of the project is to give a strong voice to family carers and to influence and hold decision makers to account within health and social care services.

What are we aiming to do?
We are going through many changes and consultations at the moment and these are worrying times for families, so we want to work with you on the important issues that affect your lives as family carers by working together. For example, you may be worried about possible cuts to your care packages or proposed changes to the way services are being delivered, such as day care and respite or health services.

The project is aimed at families who care for adults with learning disabilities, whether they are living with you at home or in supported living or residential care. It is also aimed at brothers and sisters or other family relatives who may be involved in supporting your relative with a learning disability and may be sharing the caring with parents.

We especially want to reach out to older family carers in this project, as we know that many of you worry about the future and want to ensure a secure good life for your loved ones who have a learning disability. We want to work with you on these important concerns.

Come and join in the BIG Coffee Conversation in

Wallingford

Style Acre, Evenlode House, Howberry Park, Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, OX10 8BA

Monday 7th November 2016

10.30 am – 12.30 pm

We look forward to meeting you at this friendly, informal discussion.
For more information on this please call Kathy Liddell on 07786 731634.

➢ Also, we are holding a ‘Meet the Decision-Makers’ event on the 14th November at Dean Court Community Centre, Oxford from 9.30am -1.30pm to discuss with the themes we have gathered.

To book, call Kathy Liddell on 07786 731634 or email: kathy.liddell@oxfsn.org.uk

hi was looking at coming today but cannot now as have no carers for my daugther and also my dad is very ill ,again it make me realise how hard it is to get care for my daugther so when carers call in sick there are no other people to help so yet again i have to cover it ,keep me updated with thnigs please julie