Regatta for the Disabled (with Mobiloo Changing Places)

Saturday 1 September
Phyllis Court Club (Henley)

Come and join us on 1st September in Henley on Thames where people of all ages and abilities have access to a wide variety of boats and other attractions.

http://www.regattaforthedisabled.org/

Mobiloo is a Changing Places toilet in a van allowing safe and dignified toileting and changing for those with complex needs. Inside there is an adult sized changing bed, a hoist, a toilet and a sink (just bring your own sling).

Thanks for the advance notice of this event. Do they have Dragon Boat Racing at this event too?

I’m not sure about Dragon boats…I don’t think so… they do have team boats (nice stable ones which won’t tip easily) which people of all abilities can try.
They also have a pleasure boat which can take a couple of wheelchair users at a time for a jolly down the river.
At least this is what they had last time we went…maybe 3 years ago…?! Plus there’s other non boating things to see and do… climbing wall for all abilities, petting animals, stalls & games

Sounds good- thank you.
The stable boats sound ideal, as my son nearly landed us all in the Thames when we went in a small dinghy!

1 Like