Social History of Learning Disability Conference at Milton Keynes

Social History of Learning Disability Conference

10th and 11th July 2018

The Open University, Milton Keynes

The next Social History of Learning Disability Conference will be held at the Open University in Milton Keynes on 10th and 11th July 2018.

The theme of the conference is ‘Advocacy and the social history of learning disability: Family and Self-Advocacy’.

Our keynote speakers are Dr Sara Ryan and My Life My Choice. Sara Ryan and My Life My Choice have worked together to lead the Justice for LB Campaign.

This is an inclusive conference with accessible presentations to which people with learning disabilities and families are very warmly welcomed. This year’s conference will provide all delegates with the opportunity to hear directly from self and family advocates involved in work to achieve better lives for people with learning disabilities.

Professional development:

Presenting the latest learning and research from self and family advocates, alongside academics and practitioners - in the UK and internationally - the conference will enable delegates to explore the past, present and future role of advocacy in learning disability. Attendance at the conference will be certificated to count towards your CPD record.

Details of the programme and how to register for the conference can be found here. Please register by 2nd July 2018.

http://wels.open.ac.uk/events/social-history-learning-disability-conference-2018

If you have any queries, please contact Lee Woodham at

shld-conference@open.ac.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.

With best wishes,

Liz

Dr Liz Tilley | Senior Lecturer: School of Health, Wellbeing and Social Care