Using direct payments for meeting a relative's care needs during the pandemic

If you live with your relative and have been forced to meet their care needs due to service closures as a result of the pandemic, you can request to be paid a direct payment for the care you provide. The Care and Support (Direct Payments) Regulations 2014 allow for this if the local authority determines it to be necessary. Legal expert and barrister Steve Broach explains more here: